We've been so very busy here at the Laffing Horse Farm.
Lessee, now...
— Got an entire shipment of wheels (which I had to assemble) and fibers from Ashford including Dyes (which will be on the web site soon). Note the approving way Nile watches as I assemble the Ashford Country Spinner.
— Got and demoes the FIRST Babe Big River Spinner with quite a bit of success (we sold one, sort of :-) ). Again, Nile is in the background checking out the newly assembled Elizabeth.
— Got a picker and a drum carder, so have been busy with fiber preparation.
— Went to the First Colorado Weaver's Day conference in Colorado Springs and had a Blast (pictures will soon be on the web at http://www.laffing-horse.com/pics.html). For now, here's Linda Ligon of Interweave Press chatting with another attendee.
— Set ourselves up to carry a line of natural dyes. Check back soon for information on the Great Big Dye Intro later.
— Vended at the First Annual Lamar Fiber Festival in Lamar, Colorado. That was fun.
— Been making new spindles!
— Been working some more on the web site. It's almost where I want it to be, except for the store. No one told me it was going to be work :-)
— Been working in the garden and with the critters. We've planted sage, peppermint, spearmint, candy mint, chocolate mint, yarrow, fennel, lovage, rue, lavender, wormwood and so much more. These are mostly for use in our soaps and our (coming soon) herbal moth repellent and bath teas.
— Been working on fencing and turning the critters out on pasture. Prolly strung about 4 miles of fencing...
That's Rosemary and Muppet in the newly fenced front yard. Talk about lawn mowing on the cheap.
So... sorry I haven't been keeping those with some interest in our goings on update and I'll try to be better about it in the future :-) ... at least when things slow down :-D