Catching up, right?

You already know that I got the job, right? I'm working as a pressman for the local newspaper and I really like it. Great bunch of guys to work with, too.

But we're still working hard on the farm, too! Well, Jeanette is anyways... she's managed to shear all but about 5 of the critters by herself... I sheared a few and assisted on a few, but the rest she did. Wow!!! Jeanette's also developed a method for making the most incredible rugs ever made! Find us at one of the shows listed in our events section or visit us on the farm to see and appreciate 'em.

Meanwhile, we sent of our jury packets to the Wool Festival at Taos and the Wool Festival of the Southwest and Back of the Wasatch and the Colorado Renaissance Festival and wouldn't you know it, we got into every last one of 'em. I, personally, was surprised. Jeanette said she had faith :-)

The Colorado Renaissance Festival, which ran from the second weekend in June and ends this upcoming weekend, has been an incredible experience! For starters, it's a lot of fun for a born people watcher as we get to see tens-of-thousands of them over the eight week course of the faire. Secondly, it's a lot of fun dressing up in garb and prancing about (I won third place in the men in tights contest, can ya believe that?!? Not bad for a geezer like me in competition with a lot of 20-somethings!). It's also a lot of very had work in some very trying conditions. Hot and dry and exposed! Money and labor and fun all aside, this has been a really great show for one reason only—We're not preaching to the choir! I've taught thousands - literally - to spin over the course of the past couple of weeks and had a blast doing it. If only 100 of those continue to spin, then I'll have achieved something truly wonderful, I think... don't you?

That was the cake!

Then I found out the cake had some really yummy filling...

The local newspaper ran a wonderful article on our endeavor. he headline: If the city won't come to the farm... and it was just right and oh so appropriate. We were teaching some really ancient and useful farm techniques to people who weren't even sure what sheep were. Really not too much of an exaggeration, there.

Then there was the icing on the cake!

We were voted the best new artist at the show. An award was presented to us complete with the King and his royal court and heralds with trumpets and a beautiful hand-lettered proclamation. I was so excited and happy and awed and... it's just too hard to describe how I felt, but know that it was all good.

It's still going on - the Renaissance Festival - and you've still got a chance to come and see us (bad Shawn bad for not writing this earlier) this weekend (July 30 and 31, 2005) only. We're in booth #41.

If you can't make it there, maybe you can look us up at another festival... check out our events section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment