Laffing Horse Farm

Laffing Horse Farm
Ok, I'm really gonna give this a try. If I figure it out for myself, then I'll know how to do it and can do it again.
It's fall here on the Laffing Horse Farm. The trees are turning yellow. The weeds are getting crispy. We'll pull the sections of weeds that never got mowed this summer and pile them up for a great big Halloween bonfire.
The dairy goats should all be bred, though we have to wait a few more weeks to see if anybody cycles again. Arthur is very proud of himself!
The sheep are still waiting, we don't breed anything that needs to be sheared until mid-November. That way we can wait until March to shear. It is best to shear the ewes before they lamb, but it is still pretty cold here in Feb. and even March. In the next couple of weeks we'll be shearing tags and bellys, getting the woolies ready to breed.
The angora goats are on the same schedule as the sheep, but they get sheared completely before breeding. They have to be sheared every 6 months, so it's October and March for them. They spend the winter in our warmest barn, but by the time it gets really cold, they have nice new fleeces well grown out.
If this works, I'll write more tomorrow, and learn about putting pics on the blog too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment