Ren redux

Well, it's over and I now know the REAL definition of ambivalence: I was so glad it was over I could have my weekends back and I really wish I was heading up there next weekend.

Many a teary eyed farewell to many friends old and new and rediscovered. Even met some folks from some of my online lists.

Even a surprise farewell from a beautiful young lass I had never met but that liked the scent of the pipe tobacco I was smoking in the evenings.

Getting out of the 'mode'... well, that's another problem. I was a salesperson extraordinaire for the last 8 weekends and now... a gentleman pulled into the driveway this evening as I was setting out to do some chores and asked if we had pygmy goats. "No," says I, "but we've got something better." And I proceeded to lead him on a our of the farm and extoll the virtues of our stock over runty little pygmy goats.

It wasn't until he left with my business card in his hand that I realized that I sounded like a hawker at a circus or carnival... erg!!!!

Even while I'm trying to get out of that mode we're deep in the planning phases for next year... we bought a new booth at the festival!!!!!!!! A huge beautiful castle and I can't wait to make my castle my home :-)

As soon as I locate the pics we took of our new castle - really, it is a castle complete with towers and huge siege doors, really - I'll post some to out 'site.

In the meantime, mark your calendars already! Join us at the 30th annual Colorado Renaissance Festival in Larkspur, Colorado sometime in June or July 2006 at booth number 113!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment