Wish me luck

I love my job at the newspaper. I've been in newspapers for about 17 years now and have worked as a writer, designer, webmaster, sales, technician, photographer, manager, publisher, darkroom tech, pressman, and in the mailroom. Once you've worked in newspaper, ink gets in your blood.

Still, when opportunity knocks...

There has been a position advertised in the very newspaper I work for for for a computer technology coordinator and webmaster at the local community college. The pay is more than double and there are better benefits. I had to apply and I let my co-workers know that I was applying.

In the past I have let similar opportunities slip through my fingers as I have some really serious loyalty issues. Once I get to know and like a group of people (and I have never worked with a better team than I do now) I hate to leave them in a lurch.

Still, I know that this is what's best for me and my family.

I bought a new set of clothes, got a haircut, wrote up the best damn resume and cover letter and assembled a who's who of references...

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment